02 May 2010

2010 Albuquerque McIlmoyle Family Reunion Apr 29 - May 2


At a relatively small southwest style home in Albuquerque, at least 45 McIlmoyl(e) descendants and families gathered over the four days. This house has been home to 2 generations of the family and, had it not been an 'adobe style' house, I'm positive that the walls would have been bulging. There were attendees from the states of Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Tennessee, Texas and Washington as well as me from British Columbia, Canada. The meals were wonderful and the company and  conversation couldn't have been more enjoyable. Several generations were represented and all except for me were direct descendants of Hugh Sr (s/o John & Mary) through his son Hugh and his son James who left Ontario for the USA. My ancestry is through Hugh Sr's youngest brother Thomas through his son James Dysart and his son James Thomas who was the one to leave Ontario for British Columbia.

I find it hard to describe how it felt to meet so many wonderful family members. I had no idea there was going to be that many present and know it will take me some time to sort out who everyone was and to whom each one belonged (grin).

As near as I can tell, the primary cousins who deserve a huge vote of thanks for the success of this wonderful event are siblings Berenice, Jim & Charles plus niece Maureen. Thank you all so very much for the opportunity to meet so many new cousins. Many others pitched in with cooking, cleaning and transporting as well as contributing food and drinks.
.
Not to be forgotten are the 4-legged family members of which I think there were 5. Most of the time, they seemed to enjoy the attention from so many different people.



JoanMC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, especially from those wishing to participate in the project. They will not appear immediately as this comment section is moderated by me to avoid the ever present spam.