19 July 2009

THIS WEEK'S STRAY


DO YOU KNOW.....where Robert McIlmoyl fits into the family tree? He married Anna Christina Mellberg of Rock Falls, Whiteside County, Illinois and had two sons, Harry and Charley? This comes from a reference in "The History of Whiteside County, Illinois: from earliest settlement to 1908" by William W. Davis; published by Pioneer Pub. Co., Chicago in 1908.

I haven't had the opportunity to check out this family in US Census' and am wondering if the rest of you may have run across this group. There doesn't seem to be any info on Robert in the writeup which is odd given that there's fairly detailed info on all other inlaws and outlaws connected to the Mellberg family.

The only other reference I've seen to a McIlmoyl(e) in Illinois came from an inquiry I had many years ago about the 'McIlmoil' family. A researcher was wondering if there was a connection to our spelling of the name. I'm pretty sure I've still got that info but haven't yet put my hands on it. It might answer my question or might not. If any of you have anything on a Robert who either went to the States or was born in the States or who simply dropped off the radar, do let us know. Meanwhile, I'll continue my hunt for the 'McIlmoil' information.

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend.....ours here in the beautiful southern Vancouver Island area has been glorious. I had the pleasure of leading a Worldwide Photo Walk yesterday with 40 other avid photographers along the waterfront in the James Bay area of Victoria. We were a part of an event in which 899 other Walks were being held throughout the world in at least 40 different countries! To give you an idea of how perfect the weather was, here's one of the photos I took. This is taken from our Fisherman's Wharf where there are numerous float homes and looks across Victoria Harbour to newer condominium developments in an area called the Songhees.


8-)
JoanMC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, especially from those wishing to participate in the project. They will not appear immediately as this comment section is moderated by me to avoid the ever present spam.