09 August 2009

Apology and Do You Know....?

First, my apologies for not posting for the past week +. I was very busy for a few days after the last post and as I was about to decide on the next one, my mother died. Since then I've been quite busy with other things than the McIlmoyl(e) Book.

Now, a follow up on the last 'Do You Know....?' post re Robert McIlmoyl in Illinois. A cousin researcher found the family on the US Census, however, it still doesn't help us find his parents other than according to the Census (which I'm sure most of you know can be completely off track) he was born in Maryland. This immediately caught my imagination as the Archibald McElmoyle line were in that area around the same time. Another interesting item from the census is that apparently his father was born in Scotland. I will do some investigation on this next month.

Meanwhile, I have another one for you.

DO YOU KNOW....who Edward Lawrence McIlmoyl is? He was married to Hilda Ethel Robertson, born 18 Nov 1911 in Ontario, died 7 Apr 1951 in Burnaby BC; d/o Michael & Lillian Robertson both of whom were also born in Ontario (no city, township or county given). I have her death registration and her husband, Edward Lawrence was the informant. They had apparently been in BC for 4 years at the time she died.

I accidently happened upon this registration so made a copy out of curiosity so am now wondering what the connection is, as there is most likely a connection.

If you have an answer, please either post a comment with it here or feel free to contact me directly.

8-)
JoanMC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, especially from those wishing to participate in the project. They will not appear immediately as this comment section is moderated by me to avoid the ever present spam.