16 August 2009

Last Week's Stray & a New One

Thanks so much to cousin Diane for sending me to http://genealogy.mcfadyen.ca which gave me Edward Lawrence's (Ted) parents and grandparents. He was the son of Harry McIlmoyl and Ella Hales and Harry was the son of Thomas McIlmoyl and Margaret Mairs. Thomas' parents were John McIlmoyl and Abigail Nichols with this John (there are so many of them) being a son of Hugh (s/o John & Mary) McIlmoyl and Jane May. Of course once I saw his ancestry, I realized that I actually had info about him from the local Saskatchewan history book "Pioneers and Progress: The History of Southey District", published in 1980! Obviously, I should have taken a third look at the excerpts that I have of this history.

I have to say that I'm really enjoying filling in these blanks in preparation for the book(s) and truly appreciate the cousins who have shared information to enable this.

Now, for this week's stray.....DO YOU KNOW.....who the parents are of George R. McIlmoyle? He married Rosella Albert on 7 March 1904 in Nelson BC? If you have some clues, please share them in the 'Comments' below.

In my next post, I'll transcribe the Character Reference brought to North America by John McIlmoyl when he travelled here with his family from County Antrim in Ireland in June 1774.

8-)
JoanMC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, especially from those wishing to participate in the project. They will not appear immediately as this comment section is moderated by me to avoid the ever present spam.